Please review the entire Policy and contact us if you have any questions. By using the Sites, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. The Financial Health Network reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time.
Personal Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to us by completing forms or surveys on our Sites, including information provided at the time of registering to attend our conferences or events, registering as a Core Member or a Digital Member, registering for access to our datasets, or subscribing to newsletters, updates, and other communications, such as contact details, name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Information that you share through our Sites by using our services including any personal information in the data that you share.
- Information about your interaction with our Sites and services, including home server domain name, IP address, repository ID, geographic location, account activity, license information, and type of computer, operating system, and web browser used to access our Sites.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support.
- Information that you provide to us when carrying out transactions through our Sites including payment details such as credit card information and billing address.
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity.
- Details of your visits to our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the pages and resources that you access, including the date of access.
- Information you provide to us when you register for events, request information or materials, and participate in promotions, contests or giveaways.
- Information you provide when you submit questions or comments to us.
How We Use Personal Information
Data collected by the Financial Health Network will be used by the Financial Health Network exclusively for purposes for which, and consistent with the way in which, it was collected or submitted, such as to:
- create and maintain your account.
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your attendance at events or conferences.
- process your account registration.
- answer your questions.
- send you newsletters, updates, and other communications that you have requested.
- send you information about our services and resources.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Financial Health Network will not sell, share, rent or disclose to third parties any personally identifying information, such as names, mailing address, email addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which you voluntarily provide to us, unless we secure your permission to do so, except to:
- provide the services you have requested.
- comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes.
- protect the Financial Health Network’s intellectual property and other legal rights.
Personal information that you provide voluntarily is only available to our employees managing this information and to contracted service providers for the purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you. Names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers provided by users may be added to the Financial Health Network’s databases and used for future communications regarding Site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and other matters.
We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, updates and other communications regarding our services and events. The Financial Health Network works with third-party vendors to provide users with its newsletter and communications services. While these vendors will have access to your personally identifiable information in order to provide email services, they are required to maintain the privacy of all information in their control. You may opt out of receiving any the Financial Health Network newsletters, updates, or other emails by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each email and following the subsequent instructions.
Registration for the Financial Health Network Sites
Registration is not required to access our Sites. Any requests to access the Financial Health Network’s research data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Shared in Public Forums
The Financial Health Network may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on its Sites. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Financial Health Network is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
You may opt out of having your personal information collected by the Financial Health Network by not completing online forms, signing up for services, or creating an account. To opt out after submitting personal information, Users must contact us at email@example.com. To request that we delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, Users may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor promptly to delete such information at your request.
If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you deactivate an account, you will not be able to use our services and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our Sites. You may also request that the Financial Health Network remove from its database any personally identifiable information you had previously provided. However, even after you submit a request to delete your information or deactivate your account, copies of your information including but not limited to name and email address may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information
Users may modify, correct, change, update, obtain a summary of their personal records, or cause their personal records to be removed from our database by contacting us via the mailing address, email (to email@example.com) or telephone number listed below. In response to such a request, the Financial Health Network will send personal records only to the email or mailing address on file for the username associated with it.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites. the Financial Health Network does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. We do not review or control such websites and suggest that you review the privacy policies of these websites before accessing.
Collection of Personal Data from Children
The Financial Health Network does not attempt to collect personal information from children. Personal information sent to the Financial Health Network, such as an email, which appears to be from a child, will be deleted. The Financial Health Network cannot always determine if a visitor to its Sites or the sender of an e-mail is a child, but will exert our best efforts to do so.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
All personal information you provide to us through our Sites is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. In addition, the Financial Health Network and its business partners enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to guard against loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will employ reasonable procedures and security features to guard against unauthorized access.
Reporting of Data Breaches
We make reasonable efforts to monitor and detect any data breach affecting personal information. In the unlikely event that a data breach results in the disclosure of your personal information to third parties, we will make all reasonable efforts to inform you.
Amendments to Policy
How to Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Financial Health Network
135 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603
The Financial Health Network https://finhealthnetwork.org/ and the websites of Financial Health Network’s projects (collectively, the “Sites”) are owned and operated by Financial Health Network. This User Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms, covenants, conditions, and provisions (the “Terms and Conditions”) upon which you (also referred to herein as “User”) may access and use the Sites and the content displayed on the Sites.
This Agreement is current as of October 16, 2019.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing, viewing, and using the Sites, you indicate that you understand and intend these Terms and Conditions to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract and equally binding, and that you accept such Terms and Conditions and agree to be legally bound by them. Please note that Financial Health Network reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions under which these Sites and their many offerings are extended to you. Your continued use of the Sites following reasonable notice of such modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes. You also agree that notices we may provide on the Sites themselves shall be deemed reasonable notice for this purpose.
1. Grant of License. Subject to the Terms and Conditions and your continued compliance therewith, this Agreement provides you with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Sites and the text, graphics, data, information, and other content made available through or from the Sites (collectively, “Content”), including without limitation, Content obtained through widgets, RSS feeds, APIs or other similar means. In furtherance of its mission to further the public debate on important issues, the Content may be accessed, printed, displayed, downloaded and distributed for personal, educational, news reporting, or other policy purposes, provided that all copies display all copyright and other applicable notices to the extent such notices are contained in such Content and provided further that you do not use the Content in any manner that implies, suggests, or could otherwise be perceived as attributing a particular policy or lobbying objective or opinion to Financial Health Network. You must also provide proper attribution to the Financial Health Network Center in connection with your use of any Content. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, create derivatives of, modify, distribute, broadcast, transmit, publish, license, transfer, sell, or otherwise exploit the Content for a fee or for other commercial purposes except pursuant to a separate written agreement with Financial Health Network. If you wish to use any Content for any commercial purpose or any purpose not permitted by this Agreement, please review our Use policy and contact Financial Health Network at email@example.com. Under no circumstances may the Content be reproduced in principal part, mirrored, catalogued, framed, displayed simultaneously with another site or otherwise republished in its entirety or in principal part without the express written permission of Financial Health Network, except to extent such Content is obtained through a widget, RSS feed, or other similar means. You represent and warrant to Financial Health Network that you will not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to attempting or actually (a) disrupting, impairing or interfering with the Sites; (b) collecting any information about other users of the Sites; or (c) systematically extracting data contained in the Sites to populate databases for internal or external use.
2. Intellectual Property Rights. All Content, unless otherwise indicated, is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret (for password protected areas), and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations and is owned by Financial Health Network and/or third parties. Except as expressly provided herein, Financial Health Network does not grant any express or implied right to you or any other User of the Sites. The Sites may also include the trade and/or service marks of other parties. Such third-party designations may not be used without the prior written permission of their respective owners. Unless otherwise specified, the Content is © 2019, Financial Health Network. All rights reserved. Removing or altering this copyright notice on any Content on the Sites is prohibited. Financial Health Network also owns a copyright in the Sites as collective works and/or compilations, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancements of the Sites’ Content.
The following trademark: FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Financial Health Network and/or its products and services are proprietary marks of Financial Health Network. User use of the Financial Health Network trademarks is not permitted without obtaining permission, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Other product and company names mentioned in the Sites may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
4. Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. While Financial Health Network has endeavored to create secure and reliable Sites, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Financial Health Network and its affiliates and all of their employees and representatives are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Sites, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. Financial Health Network shall have no liability for interruptions or omissions in Internet, network or hosting services or any other failure of performance of the Sites. You assume the sole and complete risk of using the Sites.
5. Third-Party Sites. Financial Health Network provides links, in its sole discretion, to other web sites on the Internet for your convenience in locating related information and content, and the Content may be available through third-party sites. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by Financial Health Network and are maintained by third parties over which Financial Health Network exercises no control. Accordingly, Financial Health Network expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party sites. In addition, such links to, or the display of Content on, such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement of any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party.
6. Events Beyond Financial Health Network’s Control. You expressly absolve and release Financial Health Network from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond its control including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses or software failures, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism or governmental restrictions.
7. DISCLAIMERS. THE SITES AND ALL OF THEIR CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND ARE MADE AVAILABLE WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY AS TO THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITES OR ANY CONTENT. FURTHER, WHILE FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK ENDEAVORS TO PROVIDE THE MOST ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE, THE CONTENT ON THE SITES MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITES AND THE CONTENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON.FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITES. YOU ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF MAKING USE OF THE SITES AND THE CONTENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS OR COMMITMENTS, WHETHER MADE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT, DEVELOPMENT OR MAINTENANCE OF BUSINESS REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, FOR LOSS OF DATA, COST OF SUBSTITUTE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION, COST OF CAPITAL, AND THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES BASED ON YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND THE CONTENT.
IN ANY EVENT, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE SITES AND THE CONTENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $50.00.
8. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK, its affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, employees, legal representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ and professionals’ fees and court costs) arising out of any third-party claims based on or related to your use of the Sites, the Content, or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK’s defense of any claim. FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK.
9. Submissions. FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Sites, and allows public comments on some pages of its Sites. Any ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, material, or any other content (collectively, “Submissions”) received through the Sites, however, will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license for FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works of, display (in whole or part) worldwide, or act on such Submissions without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such Submissions. You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
10. U.S. Copyright Infringement Claims. If you know or suspect that any of the materials on the Sites have been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send notice to FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK’s designated agent identified below. According to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(3), your notice must comply with the following requirements:
(a) A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
(d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The designated agent for notice of copyright infringement claims may be reached as follows:
Financial Health Network
135 S. LaSalle St., Suite 2125
Chicago, IL 60603
11. Governing Law. This policy shall be governed by the laws Illinois, Cook County, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute shall be in Chicago, IL. The Sites are controlled and operated by Financial Health Network from its offices within the United States. Financial Health Network makes no representation that Content in the Sites is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the Content of the Sites is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so of their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
12. Term and Termination. This Agreement takes effect at the time the User begins using the Sites (thereby indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.) Financial Health Network reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny any User access to the Sites or any portion thereof, and to terminate this Agreement. Termination will be effective without notice.
13. Waiver. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by Financial Health Network of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
14. Nature of Relationship/Severability. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Financial Health Network as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Sites. If any provision of this Agreement is held unenforceable by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.